Online CPR Certification in Rhode Island
Obtaining your CPR certification in Rhode Island can be completed quickly and with minimal expense and trouble by taking an online course that allows you to you study and test from your own home. You can rapidly earn certification or renewal in CPR / AED / First Aid, as well as certification in Bloodborne Pathogens, Babysitting, and Infant CPR certification.
Laypersons and medical personnel have saved many lives each year. Being certified in CPR, Infant CPR, AED, or First Aid could help you save someone's life in an emergency as well. CPR training will be required for high school graduation in Rhode Island for the 2017-2018 school year.
State of Health in Rhode Island
According to America’s Health Rankings 2016 report, Rhode Island ranks 14th in the nation for overall health. There is a low percentage of children in poverty, a high immunization coverage among adolescents, and a significantly higher number of primary care physicians relative to population compared to other states.
Sadly, the high rate of drug related deaths (which increased 39% from 15.4 to 21.4 deaths per 100,000 population over the past four years), a disparity in health status by educational attainment, and a high prevalence of frequent mental distress plague the state.
Obesity is not as serious as in many other states, but physical inactivity increased 25% from 22.5% to 28.1% of adults in the past year - a trend that should be reversed to help lower risk of cardiac events.
Jobs Requiring CPR Certification in Rhode Island
In Rhode Island, CPR certification is required for numerous employment positions. In many cases, this is by law, however when that is not the case, many employers make it a requirement. This are a few such positions:
- Youth athletic and school coaches as well as fitness trainers and anyone offering instruction in physical activities professionally or as a volunteer.
- Regardless of job description, any staff member at an educational facility that may have exposure to students.
- Professionals in positions which expose them to people under high levels of stress such as police, firemen, emergency personnel, and corrections officers.
- Anyone working in or around the water such as swimming instructors, diving coaches, staff at pools or lifeguards.
- Daycare workers, Head Start program teachers, nannies, and babysitters as well as anyone that works with children professionally or as a volunteer.
- Technicians, front desk personnel, receptionists, and any staff in a doctor or dentist’s office that has contact with patients no matter how limited.
- Anyone employed in the construction trade, laborers, manufacturers, or any profession in which a co-worker may need assistance.
- Charity volunteers, companions for the disabled and elderly and anyone with a career in social work.
More Information about CPR/AED Certification in Rhode Island
You will need to renew your Rhode Island CPR/AED certification every 2 years; the CPR certification renewal requirement can be complied with by undertaking a CPR recertification online.
Some employers may require a hands-on skills test to be completed and passed. This may incur an additional small fee from the testing site. In these cases, you need to appear in person at the testing site so you can complete this portion of the certification.
CPR Skills Testing Sites in Rhode Island
These facilities / individuals may be offering on-site CPR skills testing close to Rhode Island. You can contact them directly to inquire.
MM Aquatic, Marine and Safety Education
Assonet, MA 02702
Advantages of Online Certification
Obtaining CPR Certification online provides a number of benefits. When you use the CPR Certification Institute, you get:
- CPR/AED/First Aid, Bloodborne Pathogens, Infant CPR, & Babysitting courses
- Flexible study hours and locations – study anywhere, at any time
- No time limits – you can take as long as you need to learn the material
- High quality courses – all material is prepared by health professionals
- Unlimited, unique practice tests with instant grading to test your knowledge
- Free final exam retakes until you pass with an 80% or higher score
- Instant certification with a printable PDF card emailed 24/7/365
- Hardcopy certification card mailed to you at no additional charge
- Certification guaranteed to be accepted or your money back
- Referral for local skills testing if required by your employer
Online Resources for Rhode Island Health Professionals