Online CPR Certification in Massachusetts
Obtaining your CPR certification in Massachusetts can be quick and simple with an online course that you study for and complete from the comfort of your own couch. You can earn certification or renewal in CPR / AED / First Aid, as well as certification in Bloodborne Pathogens, Babysitting, and Infant CPR certification.
Being certified in CPR, Infant CPR, AED, or First Aid might help your save someone's life in an emergency. Laypersons and medical personnel who have gained the needed knowledge and skills to perform the correct procedures have saved many lives year after year. CPR training may be required for high school graduation in Massachusetts soon,.
State of Health in Massachusetts
According to America’s Health Rankings 2016 report, Massachusetts ranks 2nd in the nation for overall health of the population. There is a low prevalence of obesity, a low percentage of population without insurance, and a higher number of primary care physicians than elsewhere in the country. However, there is also a high prevalence of excessive drinking, a high incidence of Salmonella, and a large disparity in health status by educational attainment.
In the past three years, drug deaths increased 34% from 11.7 to 15.7 deaths per 100,000 population. In the past two years, smoking decreased 16% from 16.6% to 14.0% of adults. In the past year, children in poverty decreased 16% from 17.6% to 14.8% of children. In the past 10 years, the percentage of the population without health insurance decreased 70% from 10.3% to 3.1%. In the past year, premature death increased 5% from 5,468 to 5,755 years lost per 100,000 population.
Around 206 people in Maryland die each year from cardiac events. CPR training can help prevent such deaths.
Jobs Requiring CPR Certification in Massachusetts
In the state of Massachusetts, it’s not just lifeguards and first responders that need to know CPR, either by employer choice or law, numerous jobs require certification in CPR. These jobs include, but are not limited to the following:
- All staff in educational facilities, regardless of what position is held, if any contact with students is possible.
- Head Start teachers, babysitters, daycare workers, nannies, or anyone whose profession is caring for children.
- Professional fitness trainers, athletic coaches at all skill levels and ages whether paid or volunteer, as well as anyone providing guidance on physical activities.
- Swimming instructors, diving and rowing coaches, lifeguards and managers of pools and aquatic centers or anyone involved in directing activities taking place in or around water.
- Any doctor and dentist office staff members that may have contact with patients, including, receptionists, administrators and front desk personnel.
- Social workers, including anyone in the field of social work such as in-facility or in-house companions for the disabled and elderly or charity volunteers.
- Construction workers, food service professionals, retail, and manufacturing workers as well as anyone in a profession in which it may at some point be necessary to provide aid.
- Correctional officers, security officers, police, firemen and anyone that is in a position that deals with people in high stress scenarios.
More Information about CPR/AED Certification in Massachusetts
Your Massachusetts CPR/AED certification will need to be renewed every 2 years. Your CPR certification renewal can be easily and quickly obtained by taking a CPR recertification online.
Sometimes, an employer could require that a hands-on skills test is completed and passed. In that case, you need to appear in person at the testing site so you can complete this portion of the certification. There could be a small fee associated with this.
CPR Skills Testing Sites in Massachusetts
These facilities / individuals may be offering on-site CPR skills testing in Massachusetts. You can contact them directly to inquire.
Adventure Dogs USA
Southampton, MA 01073
West Bridgewater, MA 02379
Code Red First Aid & Safety
Billerica, MA 01821
Critical Knowledge, Inc.
Littleton, MA 01460
Phone: 1 (978) 833-0017
Medfield, MA 02052
East Coast Safety Connection, LLC
Shrewsbury, MA 01545
First Start Medical Training
Belchertown, MA 01007
J. C. Philbin- EMS Training
Boxford, MA 01921-1736
JK Medical Training
Leominster, MA 01453
Lawrence, MA 01840
Safety 1st CPR&First Aid
Acushnet, MA 02743
Safety 1st CPR&First Aid
Acushnet, MA 02743
Mansfield, MA 02048
Templeton Fire Department
Captain Peter Laitinen, BSN, RN, NREMTP, EMT I/C
Baldwinville, MA 01436
Rockport, MA 01966
WMASS Regional Police Academy
Randolph Ma, MA 02368
Advantages of Online Certification
Obtaining CPR Certification online provides a number of benefits. When you use the CPR Certification Institute, you get:
● CPR/AED/First Aid, Bloodborne Pathogens, Infant CPR, & Babysitting courses
● Flexible study hours and locations – study anywhere, at any time
● No time limits – you can take as long as you need to learn the material
● High quality courses – all material is prepared by health professionals
● Unlimited, unique practice tests with instant grading to test your knowledge
● Free final exam retakes until you pass with an 80% or higher score
● Instant certification with a printable PDF card emailed 24/7/365
● Hardcopy certification card mailed to you at no additional charge
● Certification guaranteed to be accepted or your money back
● Referral for local skills testing if required by your employer
Are you ready to get certified? Sign up for one or more of our courses today!
Massachusetts Health Websites and Links
- Medical School in Massachusetts
- Massachusetts Medical Board
- Department of Public Health in Massachusetts