Online CPR Certification in Tennessee
Obtaining your CPR certification in Tennessee can be quick and simple with an online course that you study for and complete from the comfort of your own couch. You can earn certification or renewal in CPR / AED / First Aid, as well as certification in Bloodborne Pathogens, Babysitting, and Infant CPR certification.
Laypersons and medical personnel have saved many lives year after year. Being certified in CPR, Infant CPR, AED, or First Aid might help you save someone's life in an emergency as well. CPR training has been required for high school graduation in Tennessee since the 2012-2013 school year.
State of Health in Tennessee
According to America’s Health Rankings 2016 report, Tennessee ranks 44th out of 50 states when it comes to overall health. Although the state has a low prevalence of excessive drinking, a high percentage of high school graduation, and a small disparity in health status by educational attainment, residents also struggle with challenges including a high prevalence of smoking, high violent crime rate, and a prevalence of frequent physical distress.
In the past three years, drug deaths increased 17% from 15.7 to 18.3 deaths per 100,000 population. HPV immunization among females aged 13 to 17 years has increased but is still under 40%, and Tdap immunization among adolescents aged 13 to 17 years has decreased over the past year.
Over one third of the population is obese, and nearly a third don't get enough physical activity. Combined with the high smoking rate and frequency of physical distress, this raises risks for cardiac events.
Jobs Requiring CPR Certification in Tennessee
In Tennessee, you will discover that either by employer choice, or law, it is required to have a CPR certification to hold a great deal of jobs. Here are a few such examples:
- Daycare workers, Head Start teachers, babysitters and nannies as well as anyone holding a job whose primary duty is the care of children.
- Personal trainers, fitness trainers, youth sports coaches, school coaches, athletic directors and anyone providing guidance on physical activities professionally or as a volunteer.
- All staff in educational facilities and schools that may have contact with students, regardless of job description.
- Anyone employed in a doctor or dentist’s office that may have contact with patients including administrators, billing department personnel and receptionists.
- The directors and managers of aquatic centers, lifeguards, coaches of various water sports and swimming instructors as well as anyone working in or around water.
- Charity volunteers, companions for the elderly and disabled, both in and out of the home or facility, and anyone employed in the field of social work.
- Anyone whose job involves contact with people in high stress and physically and emotionally challenging and/or dangerous situations such as police, firemen and corrections officers.
- Anyone in a profession where a co-worker may need aid such as construction, manufacturing, retail, or logistics.
More Information about CPR/AED Certification in Tennessee
Your Tennessee CPR/AED certification will need to be renewed every 2 years. Your CPR certification renewal can be easily and quickly obtained by taking a CPR recertification online.
Sometimes, an employer could require that a hands-on skills test is completed and passed. In that case, you need to appear in person at the testing site so you can complete this portion of the certification. There could be a small fee associated with this.
CPR Skills Testing Sites in Tennessee
These facilities / individuals may be offering on-site CPR skills testing in Tennessee. You can contact them directly to inquire.
Blount County Rescue Squad
Alcoa, TN 37701
Boy Scout Troop 50
Knoxville, TN 37931
Talbott, TN 37877
George Vander Woude
franklin, TN 37064
Moore Healthcare, PLLC
Cordova, TN 38016
Wilderness Safety Consultants
Russ Miller, WEMT,Parmedic
Delano, TN 37325
Advantages of Online Certification
Obtaining CPR Certification online provides a number of benefits. When you use the CPR Certification Institute, you get:
- CPR/AED/First Aid, Bloodborne Pathogens, Infant CPR, & Babysitting courses
- Flexible study hours and locations – study anywhere, at any time
- No time limits – you can take as long as you need to learn the material
- High quality courses – all material is prepared by health professionals
- Unlimited, unique practice tests with instant grading to test your knowledge
- Free final exam retakes until you pass with an 80% or higher score
- Instant certification with a printable PDF card emailed 24/7/365
- Hardcopy certification card mailed to you at no additional charge
- Certification guaranteed to be accepted or your money back
- Referral for local skills testing if required by your employer
Tennessee Medical Resources Online