Online CPR Certification in Pennsylvania
Obtaining CPR certification in Pennsylvania is a simple matter when you sign up for an online course that allows you to you study and test from your own home. You can rapidly earn certification or renewal in CPR / AED / First Aid, as well as certification in Bloodborne Pathogens, Babysitting, and Infant CPR certification.
Laypersons and medical personnel can save lives with the right training. Getting certified in CPR, Infant CPR, AED, or First Aid could help you be a lifesaver in an emergency as well. CPR training has not yet been required for high school graduation in Pennsylvania.
State of Health in Pennsylvania
According to America’s Health Rankings 2016 report, Pennsylvania ranks 28th in the nation for overall health. Benefits of living or working in the state include a high immunization coverage among adolescents, a steadily decreasing percentage of adult smokers, and a population / physician ratio that skews higher than many other states.
However, the state also has many challenges when it comes to health. An alarming number of deaths are due to drugs, with drug deaths increasing 36% from 14.6 to 19.8 deaths per 100,000 population over the last decade. The state also has high levels of air pollution, and low per capita public health funding.
Obesity is also a serious issue; over 30% of the state's population is obese, and nearly as many residents do not get enough physical activity, with the latter population segment increasing each year.
Jobs Requiring CPR Certification in Pennsylvania
If you are seeking employment in Pennsylvania, one of the first things you will notice is that CPR certification is a requirement for many of the job openings in the state. Here are a few examples:
- Aquatic center directors and staff, swimming instructors, crew coaches and anyone that is leading or supervising activities in or around the water.
- Athletic directors, referees, personal fitness trainers, volunteer and paid coaches, as well as anyone providing direction or supervision of physical activities.
- Anyone employed in any capacity in a school or educational facility that may encounter students.
- Firemen, correctional officers, police, security personnel and anyone that works in situations containing people under high levels of stress.
- People professionally employed to care for children such as daycare workers, nannies, and babysitters.
- Administrators, technicians, billing department personnel, receptionists and anyone employed in a doctor or dentist’s office that may have contact with patients.
- Social workers, companions to the elderly and disabled, charity volunteers and anyone in social work or working with people under care.
- Retail workers, manufacturers, food service employees, hospitality industry workers, laborers and anyone in a career in which a co-worker or client may need aid.
More Information about CPR/AED Certification in Pennsylvania
It is required to renew Pennsylvania CPR/AED certification every 2 years; this CPR certification renewal mandate can be met with by completing a CPR recertification online.
Some employers do require a hands-on skills test to be completed and passed. This can incur an additional small fee from the testing site. You will need to appear in person at the testing site so you can complete this portion of certification.
CPR Skills Testing Sites in Pennsylvania
These facilities / individuals may be offering on-site CPR skills testing in Pennsylvania. You can contact them directly to inquire.
Brackenridge, PA 15014
Bucks County CPR & First Aid
New Britain, PA 18901
Child Care Health Consultant
Northern Cambria, PA 15714
Flanagan CPR/First Aid Training
Drexel Hill, PA 19026
Haztec Training services
Roslyn, PA 19001
Health & Safety Solutions, LLC
Loysville, PA 17047
HHC Services, Inc.
Philadelphia, PA 19153
ICE Training Center, Inc.
Chadds Ford, PA 19317
Jims CPR and First Aid
Warminster, PA 18974
DILLSBURG, PA 17019
Patton Area Ambulance Assn.
Patton, PA 16668
Precious Minutes CPR and Safety Training
Telford, PA 18969
Pryce Parker Educational Center
Tremont, PA 17981
Red Diamond Safety
Blanchard, PA 16826
State College, PA 16801
Start the Heart, LLC
Wexford, PA 15090
Tactical Response Security Consulting Inc
Philadelphia, PA 19145-3608
Team Safety PA
Lancaster, PA 17602
Uniontown Area YMCA
Uniontown, PA 15401
Advantages of Online Certification
Obtaining CPR Certification online provides a number of benefits. When you use the CPR Certification Institute, you get:
- CPR/AED/First Aid, Bloodborne Pathogens, Infant CPR, & Babysitting courses
- Flexible study hours and locations – study anywhere, at any time
- No time limits – you can take as long as you need to learn the material
- High quality courses – all material is prepared by health professionals
- Unlimited, unique practice tests with instant grading to test your knowledge
- Free final exam retakes until you pass with an 80% or higher score
- Instant certification with a printable PDF card emailed 24/7/365
- Hardcopy certification card mailed to you at no additional charge
- Certification guaranteed to be accepted or your money back
- Referral for local skills testing if required by your employer
Links of Interest for Medical Providers in Pennsylvania
- Pennsylvania Medical Board
- University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine
- Pennsylvania Department of Health