Online CPR Certification in Oklahoma
Obtaining CPR certification in Oklahoma can be achieved readily if you sign up for an online course that allows you to study materials and take the test from anywhere with an internet connection. You can quickly earn certification or renewal in CPR / AED / First Aid, as well as certification in Bloodborne Pathogens, Babysitting, and Infant CPR certification.
Knowing CPR and AED protocols allows laypersons and medical personnel to save lives that would otherwise be lost. Getting certified in CPR, Infant CPR, AED, or First Aid could help you be a lifesaver in an emergency as well. CPR training has been required for high school graduation in Oklahoma since the 2015-2016 school year.
State of Health in Oklahoma
According to America’s Health Rankings 2016 report, Oklahoma ranks just 46th in the nation for overall health. The state has some advantages, including a low prevalence of excessive drinking, low incidence of pertussis, and a small disparity in health status by educational attainment.
However, residents of the state are in high risk pools for cardiac arrest, thanks in part to a high prevalence of smoking, and a high percentage of population without insurance. Drugs are also an issue; in the past few years, drug deaths increased 11% from 18.8 to 20.9 deaths per 100,000 population.
Most concerning is a very high premature death rate, with the third highest rate of cardiovascular deaths in the nation. Knowing CPR could help you save someone who is experiencing a cardiac related event, keeping them alive long enough to reach a hospital.
Jobs Requiring CPR Certification in Oklahoma
In Oklahoma, it isn’t just first responders who are required to have a CPR certification, it also applies to people in a variety of careers such as the following examples:
- Athletic directors, school and youth sports coaches, referees, personal trainers, and anyone involved in providing direction for, or supervising physical activity.
- All employees of any educational facility that have any contact with students, regardless of job description.
- Water polo coaches, aqua-aerobics instructors, crew team coaches and pool management and staff as well as anyone leading activities centered I or around water.
- Social workers, volunteers with the disabled and elderly or anyone that has contact with people under care professionally or as a volunteer.
- Childcare professionals including, but not limited to, nannies, daycare workers, babysitters and Head Start and early education program teachers.
- Receptionists, front desk personnel, administrators, and anyone employed in the office of a doctor or dentist with access to patients.
- Corrections officers, security services and any professional in a career field which is prone to dealing with people in high stress situations such as police and firemen.
- Anyone employed as a laborer, in construction, manufacturing, or any career in which a co-worker may require aid on the spot.
More Information about CPR/AED Certification in Oklahoma
It is required to renew your Oklahoma CPR/AED certification every 2 years; you can meet the CPR certification renewal mandate by completing a CPR recertification online.
In some cases, an employer may require a hands-on skills test to be completed and passed. You will need to appear in person at the testing site so you can complete this portion of certification. This can mean there is an additional small fee payable at the testing site.
CPR Skills Testing Sites in Oklahoma
These facilities / individuals may be offering on-site CPR skills testing in Oklahoma. You can contact them directly to inquire.
744 W. 9th #HL30 Tulsa, OK 74127
Advantages of Online Certification
Obtaining CPR Certification online provides a number of benefits. When you use the CPR Certification Institute, you get:
- CPR/AED/First Aid, Bloodborne Pathogens, Infant CPR, & Babysitting courses
- Flexible study hours and locations – study anywhere, at any time
- No time limits – you can take as long as you need to learn the material
- High quality courses – all material is prepared by health professionals
- Unlimited, unique practice tests with instant grading to test your knowledge
- Free final exam retakes until you pass with an 80% or higher score
- Instant certification with a printable PDF card emailed 24/7/365
- Hardcopy certification card mailed to you at no additional charge
- Certification guaranteed to be accepted or your money back
- Referral for local skills testing if required by your employer
Links for Health Professionals in Oklahoma